You can count on us when it matters
Can you imagine anything more frustrating than your furnace acting up in the middle of winter?
Furnaces don’t last forever so it makes sense it have them serviced and maintained once a year to prevent unfortunate problems in the future.
Common Furnace Problems
Furnaces can break down for a number of reasons. Here are a few reasons why your furnace may malfunction:
- Forgetful maintenance: Your furnace should have annual routine inspections to prevent unexpected errors, breakdowns, and problems. A simple routine check can maximize your furnace’s efficiency and longevity. Much like a routine dental exam, your furnace needs consistent TLC.
- Dirty filters: Most filters have an expected lifespan and need to be changed routinely. If a filter is dirty or clogged, your finance will have to work on overdrive in order to circulate the air. Not only is this hard on your furnace but it drives up your energy bill. When a furnace has to work harder, it puts the furnace at higher risk of damaging the limit switch, which controls the fan and thereby significantly impairing airflow.
- Normal wear and tear: Like any other household appliance, your furnace will experience normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear can influence air flow, heat control, and at times overheating.
- Size: Furnaces are designed to heat a specific-sized space. If your furnace is too small for your space, it simply won’t produce enough heat. Once again, your furnace has to work continuously to heat an oversized and inappropriate space, breakdown is likely to occur.
- Broken limit switch: If your blower is running continuously it may be a good indication that you have a broken limit switch. This will require a professional to repair or replace it.
- Broken electric ignition or pilot light malfunction: If your furnace isn’t igniting or the pilot light goes out, it simply won’t run. Thermocouple problems, uncontrolled drafts, and clogs in your furnace may cause your pilot light to extinguish.
- Faulty thermostat: If your thermostat isn’t working correctly, it can cue to your furnace to run or not run appropriately. This causes problems with the fan and the overall comfort of the home.
- Mechanical malfunction: A good indicator that something mechanical has occurred with your furnace is a noisy or rumbling, squeaking, or rattle sound. Don’t put your property in the wrong hands. Call us to get your new furnace installed and running smoothly in no time.
Call us today if your furnace isn’t working correctly, or the heat of your home is poorly controlled. We service all major brands such as Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, and Trane, We will work with you to determine a budget-friendly and effective way to heat your home or business.